Hee-Jean is a seasoned transactional attorney and businesswoman with a successful track record of advising individuals and businesses of all sizes and across various industries. She delivers strategic and pragmatic legal advice on significant transactions as well as day-to-day business matters. She is a problem-solver, master draftswoman and savvy advocate for her clients. Hee-Jean primarily focuses her practice on small to midsize companies who may require outside general counsel services and outside-the-box thinking. Hee-Jean also regularly counsels high net-worth individuals and their family enterprises.
Hee-Jean started her legal career as an associate at a large international law firm where she focused on cross-border, international and domestic project finance with a focus on the project side of infrastructure development. She also provided commercial and legal advice regarding infrastructure development, renewable energy development, land usufruct and lease issues and government concession work as well as day-to-day commercial operations. More recently, as Senior Corporate Counsel in the M&A, Licensing, Alliance Management & Corporate Affairs department of a large pharmaceutical company, Hee-Jean supported diverse clients ranging from directors to senior executives in the business development and research & development groups on licensing, collaborations and other partnering deals.
Hee-Jean has significant experience negotiating and drafting various agreements; some examples of agreements include the following:
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements
Joint Venture Agreements
Operation and Maintenance Agreements
Purchase and Sale Agreements
Vessel Construction Agreements
Vessel Charters Agreements
Hee-Jean also uses her legal experience and skillset to work on the firm’s litigations, including the following:
- Investors in a class action against a major crypto-asset exchange and its owners and operators concerning novel issues of securities laws
- Investors in claims against major crypto-asset exchange and mobile phone service providers arising out of unauthorized access to user accounts
- Investors in prosecuting breach of fiduciary duty claims against investment adviser and broker-dealer regarding millions of dollars in investment losses.
- Investors in convertible notes in connection with a start-up taxi business in South America and obtaining a multi-million arbitration award
Hee-Jean has participated in pro bono projects ranging from research on women’s health rights in Africa to advising small business owners on commercial real estate matters.
While at her prior law firm, Hee-Jean served on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee and as a mentor in various mentoring programs for younger attorneys. She believes in supporting women-owned businesses and in helping those who are under-represented. She particularly enjoys working with mom-and-pop businesses and has most recently been active in assisting small businesses and individuals within her community.
Hee-Jean speaks Korean, Italian and French.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2007
- B.A., cum laude, Vassar College, 2000, double majors: English and Italian
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey