Justin brings his many years of practicing law to K&S where he is known as a meticulous problem-solver with the ability to think on his feet, tackle novel questions of law with ease and bring both creative and practical solutions to serve his clients.
Justin has extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex litigation, including antitrust, patent, bankruptcy, securities and financial litigation. His experience includes all phases of litigation from pleadings to appellate work, in disparate forums including federal and state court and administrative and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Prior to K&S, Justin was an attorney for the Bureau of Competition of the Federal Trade Commission, and also worked as a senior associate for Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP.
Justin is committed to pro bono advocacy. His pro bono work includes successfully litigating on behalf of undocumented immigrants and victims of police brutality.
Some of Justin’s representative engagements include the following:
- Investors in a class action against a major crypto-asset exchange and its owners and operators concerning novel issues of securities laws
- Numerous plaintiffs in wage-and-hour and discrimination class-action cases
- Drug-store chain in an antitrust class action against generic drug manufacturers in one of the largest antitrust cases in history
- One of the world’s largest cellular phone manufacturers in international litigation involving complex questions of patent law
- Board committee chairman of a major financial organization in litigation arising under New York’s not-for-profit corporation law involving novel issues of overcompensation
- Government agency against a major computer chip manufacturer in antitrust litigation involving the intersection of the Sherman Act and patent rights
- Major pharmaceutical company in mass-tort liability concerning the claims alleging the failure to warn of risks associated with hormone therapy drug
- Governor of New York in litigation concerning novel questions of gubernatorial authority
- Numerous NYC-area construction companies in ERISA and collective-bargaining/NLRB litigation
- Long Island winery in administrative proceedings before the state liquor board
- L.L.M., George Mason University School of Law 2005
- J.D. cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School 2000
- B.A., Cornell University, 1997, in Government
Admitted to Practice
- *New York admission pending